Do we know what to ask?
In a constantly changing and evolving market, where aggressive commercials draw customers by offering products at a low price and of unreliable quality, we come to your support by giving you the opportunity to know, above all, what type of profiles you need to choose and their characteristics.
As you can see, the logos of the manufacturing companies of PVC profiles are rich in colour in order to attract customers, thereby hiding a poor quality and a low thermal efficiency. Some profiles, even though they do satisfy the standards in force relating to the minimum thickness of the external walls and clearance, they have a less perfect evenness and an almost inexistent radiance; the colour which should be of pure white is actually a white-grey or white-bluish, and, in case of coloured profiles, the Renolit foil exfoliates easily.
Another way to attract customers is to introduce in the company’s logo words like: ”Austrian Design”, ”German Technology” or even ”Made in Germany”, each of which relating to the fact that the design of the profiles is Austrian or the technology used in the manufacture of profiles is the one used in Germany, and it does not mean that they are produced in these countries. What is true, is that the technology used is German, Germany being the first country who started manufacturing PVC profiles for windows, the other countries just ”inspiring” themselves from their experience.
Therefore, we advise you to ask your window manufacturer data relating to:
– the thickness of the exterior wall which should not be less than 3mm
– the maximum allowed tolerance for external surface evenness should not be less than 0,5=2mm
– the minimum combustion class – C2
– PVC profiles should have at least three insulation chambers
– galvanized steel should be used for reinforcement and to be at least 1,5mm
– double glazing to be at least 24mm thick and to use Low-e glass with Argon atmosphere
– and, last but not least, the company you chose to collaborate with to be technically approved.
We are hoping that you will choose the quality instead of the price or best quality/price ratio, considering the fact that this should be a long-term investment, costs which will be offset over time in terms of electricity savings, by reducing the costs used for heating.
In order to relax yourselves, you need to feel safe. In order for you to be able to relax, both at home and when travelling, REHAU Windows manufactured by Trionec Windows Plant are made available to you, in various classes of burglary resistance, according to your needs.
In what windows safety is concerned, we know three resistance classes: WK1, WK2 and WK 3.
The basic safety WK1 is applicable to windows which are difficult to reach – lofts, upper floors, others than the first floor. The basic protection against forced intrusion such as impact, jumping, by pushing with the shoulder and especially acts of vandalism. This level also includes protection against uses of simple levers.
The resistance class WK2 is applicable to easily accessible windows – floor 1. The protection of the window is conceived so as to prevent occasional burglar to try and force the closed and locked window glazing with simple tools, such as screwdrivers, clamps or wedges.
The resistance class WK3 for very accessible windows – ground floor, subbasement. An additional protection is used against using a second screwdriver and a claw crowbar.
Of course, windows can be improved with double-glazing with security glass or the so-called duplex 3.3.1 which increase the resistance to intrusion into living spaces or commercial premises by breaking it.
Another very important component in windows safety is the fitting, which in case of our windows prevent opening the windows by pressing the closing points with the help of HOPPE-Scustik handles.
We will now present some of the reasons causing damp problems and the ways in which we can eliminate it. Therefore, before blaming the newly assembled double glazing, please consider these recommendations and understand that the window does not cause damp, but that it already exists in that room.
1. The house is new – the walls are wet, newly painted, emanating a very large amount of moisture in the air. As a remedy, the rooms will be very well heated, ventilating often.
2. Law temperature in the rooms – leads to temperature drop at the inner surface of the window, which leads to damp problems.
3.Steam release – as a result of making food or washing dishes, leads to steep increase of air humidity. The room will be immediately ventilated and will be equipped with hoods.
4. Covering a greater portion of the walls with furniture, placed at a very short distance from the wall – air circulation is impeded, which leads to lowering the surface temperature. The space between the wall and the furniture will be increased.
5. Obstruction of the radiators with sills and curtains – also leads to surface temperature drop. The curtains will be removed and holes will be made in order to improve thermal exchange.
WINDOWS CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Please do not remove the protection foil of the profiles immediately after installation, unless the windows sills are completely rebuild. This supplemental measure is intended to ensure maximum protection of the brightness and smooth form of the profile, thus preventing matting by sand blasting. Please remove the protecting foil within 3 months after installation, or there is a risk of printing the film in the texture of the material due to external factors (excessive heat, infra-red rays, etc.).
Due to their smooth surface and to the fact that they are loaded with antistatic and fireproof substances, ”REHAU” PVC profiles can be easily cleaned.
In order to remove dust and rain stains, you can use common detergent and warm water. Abrasive detergents and rough materials are not allowed since they roughen the surface of the profile, while at the same time matting them.
Soil which is usually caused by the manufacturing process, such as grease from the hardware or marking (pens, pencils, markers) will be removed by using water and detergent. None of the following substances will be used: gas oil or thinners.